The goal of Companion Resources is to help ordinary people meet the extraordinary challenges of living. We focus especially on lifelong disabilities of all kinds, including chronic mental illness. We are concerned about persons directly affected by disabilities as well as family members who support them. Our work leads us also to concerns about poverty and community.
Companion Resources is built on four key concepts:
- Learning – Understanding the conditions that bring challenges into people’s lives.
- Companionship – Turning that understanding into healthy relationships of mutual love and care.
- Community – Building life-giving social structures that encourage and nourish the diversity of persons and their abilities.
- Resources – Mobilizing the gifts we have been given toward this community-building enterprise.
Latest Blog Posts
- The Kingdom of God
- God’s Children as Peacemakers
- Racism: A Rebellious Power
- Christ and the Powers, Part II
- Christ and the Powers